Sod is the quickest way to get a new lawn. We install quality sod grass. Our process for installing sod consists of marking sprinkler heads before cleaning and prepping the existing ground. Followed by adding quality compost to the soil. Next, spread the sod in the proper pattern with clean cuts. Finally roll and water! We leave the new lawn tidy and neat.
When choosing sod, its important to think about what variety is best for your application. Consider how much sunlight, shade and traffic will affect the turf in its respective location. Below are the types of sod and their profiles:
- Bermuda 419: Full Sun. Great against wear and drought. Turns brown when dormant during the cold season. Spreads rapidly. Great to spread rye grass over the winter season.
- Bermuda Celebration: Full Sun. Commonly used on golf courses, and athletic fields. Great against wear and drought. Turns brown when dormant during the cold season. Spreads rapidly.
- St. Augustine Del Mar: Full Sun/Shade Tolerant. Del Mar is very cold tolerant and is known to have the best shade tolerance. Grows well in full sun.
- St. Augustine Palmetto: Sun/Shade. Dense growing. Dark green in color.
- St. Augustine Raleigh: Sun/Shade. Medium green in color.
- Zoysia Cavalier: Sun. Fine textured. Developed at A&M. Better all around option to Bermuda.
- Zoysia Emerald: Sun. Fine textured and slow spreading. Grows dense to help block out weeds.
- Zoysia Palisades: Sun/Shade Tolerant. Medium textured. Dense growing. Known to handle less water better.